I Have a Burning Desire…Do You?
By Ms. John
According to Webster’s dictionary, desire can be defined as “to long or hope for, a strong wish : longing or craving.” To be successful of course requires diligence and a hope to achieve an objective. But these elements alone are not enough. You must have a Burning Desire. Burning Desire is an obsession that is more than a hope or wish but a desire with definite plans and persistence to achieve it even in the face of temporary defeat with the attitude of never accepting failure. This plan will include burning all bridges of retreat or anything that leads to anything other than the obsessed goal.
A person with a burning desire is focus, believes and convinced they will acquire the goal they have set forth. The mindset of an individual with a burning desire already sees themselves with that said goal accomplished. Author Napoleon Hill describes this type of focus as a definiteness of purpose, also known as a plan. Without definiteness of purpose and action one only wishes, or hope to succeed.
So the next time you say you want something asks yourself if you have a Desire or a Burning Desire. If you do have a Burning Desire, begin to see yourself already with that goal; write down exactly what you want and starting making definite plans to achieve it, believe, be convinced you will achieve it, be persistent, burn all avenues of retreat and do not acknowledge defeat or failure as a reality .
Steps to Manifest a Burning Desire
1. Write down exactly what you desire (Eg. In the case of money the exact amount)
2. See yourself already with that said goal
3. Believe and Convince yourself you will achieve it
4. Write down a definite date you would like to acquire
5. Write down what you intend to give in return
6. Create and write down a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put this plan into action
7. Be persistent, burning all avenues of retreat
8. Do not acknowledge defeat/failure as a reality
9. Write out a clear, concise statement of the amount of money you intend to acquire, name the time limit for its acquisition, state what you intend to give in return for the money, and describe clearly the plan through with you intend to accumulate it.
10. Read your written statement aloud, twice daily, once just before retiring at night, and once after arising in the morning. As you read-see and feel and believe yourself already in possession of the money.
I have a burning desire to have one million dollars by December 30th 2010. I intend to give 90% of my time towards accomplishing my goal and invest all my money. My definite plan to acquire a million dollars I will completely invest all my money into producing and marketing my T-Shirt Line. I will hire a PR Firm, Focus on Social Networking, Create Website and an online store.
(Plan should be more detailed on your various strategies to acquire your goal)